1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information under the Policy means the personal information defined under Article 2-1 of the Act; namely, any living individual’s information, including name, birth date, and other descriptions that render the particular individual identifiable (including such information as readily linkable to other information that will render the particular individual identifiable).
2. Purposes of Using Personal Information
The Company will use your personal information for the following purposes:
(1) Accept your registration, identification, etc., for the Company services, etc., to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the services
(2) Provide information on the Company services, etc., and respond to inquiries, etc.
(3) Respond to violations against the Company regulations, policies, etc., (hereinafter “Regulations”) for the services
(4) Notify you of any change in the Regulations for the Company services, etc.
(5) Other purposes incidental to the purposes above
In addition, the Company may use user access log information (information including IP addresses, browser types, browser languages, etc., automatically generated and saved when you access the services), cookies, and anonymous IDs, etc., collected in relation to the Company services to create statistical data after processing them into personally unidentifiable forms.
3. Change of Purposes of Using Personal Information
The Company may change the purposes of using personal information to the extent deemed reasonably relevant and will notify you of or publicly announce any such change.
4. Limited Use of Personal Information
Unless otherwise permitted by the Act or any other law/ordinance, the Company will not handle personal information without your consent beyond the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes of use, except under the following circumstances:
(1) Required by law/ordinance
(2) Necessary to protect any human life, health or property but difficult to obtain your consent
(3) Especially necessary to improve public health or promote healthy child development but difficult to obtain your consent
(4) Necessary to cooperate with any government agency or local public agency or its subcontractor in performing operations specified by law/ordinance but obtaining your consent may interfere with the performance of such operations
5. Appropriate Collection of Personal Information
The Company will collect personal information appropriately and not through any fraudulent or otherwise illegitimate means.
6. Security Management of Personal Information
The Company will provide the necessary and appropriate supervision for its employees to implement the security management of personal information against risks, such as loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage thereof; in the event of subcontracting all or part of the handling of personal information, the Company will also provide supervision for subcontractors to implement security management thereof.
7. Third-party Disclosure
Unless otherwise permitted by the Act or any other law/ordinance, the Company will not disclose personal information to any third party without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
(1) The Company subcontracting all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes of use
(2) Disclosing personal information after business succession due to a merger or any other cause
(3) Sharing according to the provisions under Article 8
The Company will share your following personal information:
(1) Types of personal information to be shared
(2) Extent of sharers
(3) Users’ purposes of use
(4) Name or title of anyone responsible for managing the personal information above
9. Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will, upon your request, promptly disclose personal information to you after ensuring that the request has been made by you according to the provisions of the Act (or notify you that such information does not exist), except when the Company is not required to do so by the Act or any other law/ordinance.
10. Correction/Addition/Deletion of Personal Information
The Company will, upon your request, promptly conduct the necessary research to correct, add, or delete personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes of use and so notify you (or of its decision not to do so) after ensuring that the request has been made by you because the personal information is false according to the provisions of the Act, except when the Company is not required to do so by the Act or any other law/ordinance.
11. Suspension of Use/Elimination of/Suspension of Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will, upon your request, promptly suspend the use of or eliminate or suspend disclosure of personal information and so notify you after ensuring that the request has been found to be made reasonably by you because of handling beyond the extent of the purposes of use publicly announced in advance or obtained through fraudulent or otherwise illegitimate means or disclosed without your consent to any third party according to the provisions of the Act, except when the Company is not required to do so by the Act or any other law/ordinance.
12. Use of Cookie Technology and Other Technologies
The Company may use the cookie technology and other similar technologies, which are useful for the Company to assess how its services have been used, to improve the services. Users may change the web browser settings to disable cookies; however, doing so may deprive them of their access to some features of the services. In addition, the Company website uses the Amazon associate program; therefore, any third party may provide content, as well as advertisements, collect information directly from visitors navigating from its website to the Amazon website, and set up cookies on their browsers to recognize them.
13. Access Analysis Tool
The Company will assume no responsibility for information, services, etc., provided by other websites to which you navigate from its website through links, etc. The Company seeks to provide content and information on its website that is as accurate as possible; however, it may contain incorrect or obsolete information. Please be advised that the Company will assume no responsibility for any damage from such information posted on the website.
Please direct your disclosure requests, including comments, complaints, and other inquiries about the handling of personal information, to the following contact:
* General Affairs, Tokyo Sushi Academy
8-2-5 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023
16. Continuous Improvement
The Company will review the operating status of personal information handling as appropriate for continuous improvement, and may change the Policy accordingly.
Revised, June 24th 2020